access.caltech is a web-based platform for accessing and launching your Caltech services. As
the first integrated application from the IMSS organization, it provides common infrastructure
and processes for integrating future Caltech applications.
A major feature is a unified approach for application authentication and authorization. Specifically, it lessens the burden for a user in remembering and protecting a myriad of usernames and passwords required for each separate application.
access.caltech services the entire Caltech community that includes the following.
To provide functionality faster to users, access.caltech is deployed in Phases. The following features are currently live.
- Post Doctorates
- Graduate Students
- Undergraduate Students
- Alumni - Coming Soon
- Affiliates - Coming Soon
- My Personal Information: IMSS Single Sign On application that is an online equivalent to the current P-53 Personnel Information Change Notice Form
- Common Sign-On Applications: All former ITS web-based applications
- Unified authentication and authorization approach
- Integrated password management
- Synchronization of data and data feeds from existing systems that support P-53
- Single Sign On REGIS
- Single Sign On Parking
- Single Sign On CLAS
IMSS works with a cross-sectional Advisory Committee to help define priorities and focus IMSS efforts for features delivered in future access.caltech Phases.